The steering committee for the UConn@COP Fellowship Program is pleased to extend a call for expressions of interest by UConn faculty and staff members who are interested in joining the UConn@COP28 contingent as it travels to Dubai, UAE from November 30th – December 7th, 2023 to attend the United Nations Conference of the Parties (UN COP28) climate change conference.
Critically, participation in the formal Fellowship Program and travel with the group require all travel expenses, including flight and hotel fees be self-funded. The UConn contingent will be staying at the Aloft Me’Aisam in Dubai.
Due to space limitations, only two faculty and staff members will be able to stay with the group as part of the official delegation. Nonetheless, anyone already planning to attend the conference is more than welcome to meet with the UConn delegation in Dubai.
Please note, conference passes are scarce and not guaranteed. Priority for passes will be given to students before faculty or staff members. We encourage applicants to seek alternative sources for obtaining an official UN conference badge.
Opportunities to contribute to the program include:
- Leading topic-specific “breakfast club” conversations in the mornings at the conference with the UConn@COP fellows
- Participating in group cultural immersion excursions
- Leading or participating in pre-travel educational meetings
- Participating in the COP@UConn Symposium (formerly called Climate Change Café) after returning to campus
To submit your expression of interest, please email the UConn@COP steering committee at email@example.com by July 24th. Please be sure to address the following questions in your email:
- What contributions to the UConn@COP Fellowship Program might you offer the students?
- What will you gain professionally by joining the UConn delegation attending COP28?
Please feel free to email the UConn@COP Fellowship Program steering committee with any questions, at: firstname.lastname@example.org