Applications for EcoCaptains for the Fall ’22/Spring ’23 semesters are now open.
EcoCaptains serve as paid sustainability champions and ambassadors for the Office of Sustainability. In collaboration with ResLife, this program allows for EcoCaptains to lead sustainability related programming and educational activities in their residence halls. Below are some of responsibilities of an EcoCaptain:
- Work 5 hours per week @ $14.00/hr
- Collaborate with Hall Directors and Resident Assistants to lead sustainability related programming and educational activities in residence halls
- Attend monthly EcoCaptains meetings
- Provide weekly updates to OS staff and intern leads
- Participate in EcoCaptain training and group chat
- Participate and encourage student participation in Office of Sustainability led events and programming such as EcoMadness, RecycleThon, Green Game Days, Earth Day Spring Fling, and Hillside Environmental Education Park (HEEP) trail maintenance events.
- Distribute Recycling Bags and Sustainability Activity books to residents
- Lead sustainability education and engagement activities in residence halls like the following:
- Weekly recycling audits and scoring
- Monthly hall meetings about different topics related to sustainability
- Environmental film screenings or movie nights, discussion forums, guest speakers
- EcoCaptain “office hours” where people can ask questions about sustainability or give suggestions
- Educational flyers, social media, etc.
- Weekly tips for living more sustainably
- Volunteer clean-up events
- Week-long or one-day events or activities, such as a “power-down” day or other fun competitions
Apply and learn more HERE.