Earth Day Spring Fling is an annual celebration of sustainability co-sponsored by UConn's Office of Sustainability and the Department of Dining Services. Established in 2008, the festival features vendors of sustainable and hand-crafted goods, organic and local foods, environmental organizations, and student groups that join together to produce the greatest day of environmental awareness all year! Coinciding with with the event is UConn's annual Arbor Day celebration and ceremonial "class tree" planting.
Earth Day Spring Fling - 2023
Wednesday, April 19th
11:00 AM-2:00 PM on Fairfield Way
Rain date: April 27th
- Zero Waste BBQ: Dining Services is catering an outdoor, zero-waste BBQ featuring vegan, vegetarian and sustainable food options sourced locally. Note - the BBQ requires a flex pass or $12 credit/debit card.
- BBQ Theme Cupcakes
- Dairy Bar Truck
- Environmental Art Show: Show off your eco-related art! Submit your art entry.
- Hydrogen Technology: UConn Facilities Operations will unveil a hydrogen powered vehicle and generator
- 12-1p Yoga: Outdoor yoga with Tildy & Friends. Bring your own mat. Sign Up!
- Party Peddler Bike: Hop on the 10 person bike for a tour of sustainability along Fairfield Way.
- 126th Anniversary of Class Tree Plantings: As a certified Tree Campus, we're happy to plant the class tree for all classes this year! 2026 through 2023. Ceremony departs from the hub between Benton and Wilbur Cross at 1:30pm.
- UConn Swap Shop: The Swap Shop’s goal is to encourage students to invest in environmental fashion trends such as thrifting, donating, and upcycling. There will be events such as the Flash Mob Runway and the Dress Your Bestie Challenge.
- Eco-Vendors: Meet with student and community organizations dedicated to sustainability, as well as eco-minded businesses along Fairfield Way.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Register as a Vendor
Interested in representing your student organization, sustainability nonprofit or eco-business at the event? Deadline to register is April 2.
- Set-up: 10am-11am. Loading allowed on Hillside Avenue x Fairfield Way pedestrian area pull off.
- Event: 11am-2pm along Fairfield Way
- Tables and 2 chairs will be provided
- If you bring a tent it MUST BE WEIGHTED. The wind on Fairfield Way is bad every year.
- Clean-up: 2pm-2:30pm.
*Paid parking is available in the North and South parking garages
*There is a $25 suggested donation to the UConn Campus Sustainability Fund.
*Fairfield Way is a busy part of campus with >3,000 UConn students walking through during the course of the event.