UConn Bicycle Working Group
The UConn Bicycle Working Group is a sub-committee organized under the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC). This group meets regularly to discuss and plan bicycle initiatives at UConn and presents recommendations to the TAC for potential implementation.
Biking and Multi-Modal Trails and Maps
UConn Forest (Fenton Tract)
The College of Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources maintains multipurpose trails between Horsebarn Hill and the Fenton River, which includes a portion of the 41.5 mile long Nipmuck Trail. For more information and a trail map of the UConn Forest, check out these websites:
Hillside Environmental Education Park (HEEP)
The Hillside Environmental Education Park has three trails: Red, Blue, and Yellow. These are accessible at trail entrances behind the IPB Building and by C Lot off of Discovery Drive. The map of HEEP Trails can be viewed here.
Additional Connecticut Trail Links
UConn Cycle Share
The UConn Adventure Center runs a bike share program where students may rent bikes out for a week or a semester. The Adventure Center is located in the new Student Recreation Center on the Storrs campus. It's simple to rent out a bike, just follow these steps:
1) Login on https://myrec.uconn.edu with your net ID
2) Select UConn Outdoors & click Bike Programs in the menu3) Choose your rental period
4) Checkout and pick up your bike
Semester long rentals must be done in person. To rent a bike for the duration of the semester, go to the UConn Adventure Center during daily hours of operation.
- Storrs Center Cycle Repair Shop
- The UConn Rec Center offers bike repair clinics and Ask a Mechanic hours. Check out their website for more information.
Bike Enforcement, Parking & Use on Campus
- Parking Services Information
- Bike Racks on the UConn Buses
- Report Bike Theft
- Impounded and abandoned bicycles are donated by UConn to the Center for Latino Progress BiCi Co. Program.
Bike Groups & Clubs