Aside from UConn's bus fleet and other university vehicles, there are a variety of other alternatives that are accessible from the Storrs campus. Uconn has connections with various transportation companies including WRTD, Peter Pan Bus Lines, Bradly International Airport, Amtrak, Cross Sound Ferry, and Enterprise. More information on UConn's alternative transportation options can be found on the Transportation Services Website.
U-Pass CT @ UConn (Hartford, Stamford, Storrs and Waterbury)
All you need is a U-Pass CT and your UConn student ID to ride buses and trains in Connecticut. Get where you need to go without having to pay a fare!
How To Use
Have your U-Pass and valid student ID ready when you board any of the following participating transit services, including the new CT transit bus between Storrs and Hartford. Schedules for this new service can be found at www.cttransit.com/schedules by searching for route #913, and the route map can be found at This Link.
How To Order
Order online at upass.uconn.edu and the pass will be mailed to you.
Conditions of Use
- U-Pass CT is valid for use by students enrolled at participating UConn campuses.
- U-Pass CT is valid for unlimited rides within Connecticut on local & express buses, CTfastrak, Shore Line East, intrastate New Haven Line and CT Rail Hartford Line services.
- This pass is not refundable or transferable.
- A valid UConn student ID must be shown at time of pass use.
- Do not fold, bend, or place near magnet. Lost, stolen, or destroyed passes should be reported to UConn Parking Services.
- U-Pass CT is valid for the period of time printed on the face of the pass.
Participating Transit Services
- Greater Bridgeport Transit (GBT)
Housatonic Area Regional Transit (HARTransit)
Southeast Area Transit (SEAT)
Windham Region Transit District (WRTD)
Northwestern CT Transit District (NWCTD)
9 Town Transit/Estuary Transit District
Middletown Area Transit (MAT)
CTtransit & CTtransit Express
New Haven Rail Line (Intrastate travel only. Not valid for travel to NYC)
CT Rail Hartford Line
Shore Line East Rail
Please Email Transportation Services with any questions.
Carpooling with CT Rides
Carpooling is a great option for commuters that helps reduce the cost and emissions of traveling long distances! CT Rides is a Carpooling system that is used across CT to help commuters find the best way to get to work or school throughout CT. CT Rides can help set you up with carpools, vanpools, buses, trains, biking/walking and teleworking solutions.